JIM BURGIN & ASSOCIATES, LLC was established in 1986 to provide brokerage services
and computer assisted reporting to the oil and gas industry in order to reduce time
and expense for their clients.
In meeting the need to reduce paper work, Jim Burgin and Associates is EDI (electronic
data invoicing) capable and has developed a data base that interfaces with accounting
for tracking expenses of all land work performed.
Additionally, we provide Arc-View GIS Mapping Service.
These computer assisted functions result in greater productivity at reduced broker
costs, making the system an interactive part of Jim Burgin's management and overall
service to clients.
Areas of Expertise
- Abstracting Land, Mineral & Royalty Title
- Land, Mineral & Royalty Title Curative
- Oil, Gas & Mineral Lease Acquisition
- Mineral & Royalty Purchasing
- Right-of-Way Acquisition
- Property Acquisition/Divestiture Research/Analysis
- Drilling & Production Historical Research
- Three Dimensional Seismic
- Royalty Division Order Analysis
- Due Diligence Courthouse/In House
- Environmental Site Assessment
- Arc-View GIS Mapping Services
Jim Burgin, founder of Jim Burgin & Associates, LLC, obtained a Bachelor of
Science Degree from Texas A & I University in 1967. Upon graduation, he worked
as an assistant ranch foreman on the Welder Ranch in San Patricio County, Texas.
One of his primary duties was to oversee the oil and gas production. From 1971 to
1975, Jim Burgin worked with Lyndon Sanders and Company in Houston dealing with
ranch property throughout the state of Texas. From 1975 to 1986, Jim Burgin worked
in all phases of land work including lease take-offs, lease acquisitions, title
runs, etc. He also had the responsibility of supervising all work of various crews
in Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennessee
and the Rocky Mountain states. In 1986, Jim Burgin established his own professional
brokerage service to meet the changing environment of the oil & gas industry
from small independents to the major oil and gas companies. The following are the
important attributes of Jim Burgin & Associates, LLC's success, demonstrating
the utmost in competence and professionalism in providing this service to his clients:
- Well-developed communication skills which quickly establish rapport and inspire
confidence and trust.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Effectively describe and sell intangibles/concepts. Particularly effective in
situations requiring the utmost in diplomacy and tact.
- Proven record of dealing with difficult problems in title.
- Extensive and constant interface with individuals, corporate representatives,
attorneys, and other oil & gas representatives.
- Specialized knowledge of oil and gas leases and pertinent documentation.
- Able to correctly prioritize and manage time and resources for maximum productivity
and efficiency. While conducting requested tasks, Jim Burgin & Associates, LLC
approaches the task of spending money as though it was their own budgeted income.
- American Association of Petroleum Landmen
- Houston Association of Petroleum Landmen
- West Houston Association of Petroleum Landmen